My top 5 favorite moments of 2012:1. Getting into grad school (and getting a 4.0)
2. Starting PBKBartending.com (and gaining new clientele)
3. PBK celebrating it's second year
4. Being on the panel of Writers Who Rock
5. Getting a new car and apartment
→ Runners up:
- Becoming a full-time substitute teacher
- Meeting my new nephew
- Reconciling with a friend
2012 was such an amazing year. With all of my side hustles, I made a nice amount of money. 2012 was also a learning experience.
Top 5 things I've learned in 2012:
1. Business is business. No exceptions.
2. Forgiving someone does not mean that you are weak.
3. “Me time” is necessary for the maintenance of sanity.
4. Do not stress over the things you cannot control; it'll drive you insane.
5. Stand up for what you believe in, or else you'll never get what you truly want.
→ Runners up:
- Organization and prioritizing are key when you want/need to be productive.
- Saying “no” isn't always a bad thing.
- Being sexually liberated is one of the best feelings ever.
- Be your own individual. Standing out is better than blending and fitting in. What makes you, you?
- Giving up doesn't always mean failing.
Music is one of the things that kept me sane throughout the year. I can't hold a note for shit, but I can listen the hell out of a song.
Top 5 favorite songs in 2012:
1. Miguel – Do You
2. Katy Perry – Wide Awake
3. Kendrick Lamar – Money Trees
4. Rihanna – Pour It Up
5. Melanie Fiona – Rock, Paper, Scissors
I did not post a lot of blogs this year, but I realized that, in order to make money and be completely satisfied with my eventual career choice, I need to explore all of my skills and talents. As blogging is my hobby (and not one of my sources of income), I needed to sacrifice some of my time to do what pays my bills.
What made your top fives of 2012?