Eminem, in my opinion, had one of the best comebacks of 2010. Without as much promotion and hype as Nicki Minaj and Drake's albums, Eminem went platinum on accident, so to speak. Known as the angry white rapper, Eminem takes all of his anger and hits the ground running with "Recovery." For one of the first times, Eminem allows his audience into his head and heart in his drug addiction recovery and past domestic violence abuse. I absolutely love Eminem. The best songs on the album are "Won't Back Down," "Love the Way You Lie," "Not Afraid," "Seduction," "No Love," and "W.T.P."
- YG “Toot It & Boot It”
- I could have possibly liked this song simply for its beat, but the quality and the message behind the song completely turned me off. Although catchy, I refused to like this song based on its intent to encourage guys to "toot it and boot it," also known as "hitting it and quitting it." The lyrics of the song are not geared towards young children. Also, I think that females shouldn't like this song because YG pretty much tells them not to like it. It should make women feel stupid because they're objectified and treated as if they aren't shit. Yes, I may be analyzing too hard, but I'm not going to sing a song that it calling me an object and a play thing. Uh-uh.
- Cali Swag District “Teach Me How To Dougie”
- I actually did like this song in the beginning, but, after Power 106 played it too much, I learned to hate it. Also, that annoying ass "All my bitches love me." Um, what bitches are those? And why are they bitches? This song leaves me with too many unanswered questions about this guy's bitches. Although, I must admit, I like the dance ONLY WHEN FEMALES DO IT.
- Wacka Flocka Flame “No Hands”
- Honestly, I'm not gonna even lie, I have no concrete reason behind my disgust with this song except that I don't like Wacka Flocka Flame's name and how he interviews. He is the personified version of the word "duh." I do, however, like the chorus, but that is it. Point blank period.
- Soulja Boy “Speakers Going Hammer”
- I don't like Soulja Boy. I did at one point. I don't anymore. The end.
- Drake "Fancy"
- I like the meaning behind the song, but the song? Not so much. I really don't like Drake. I've tried to like him. I really have, but I can't. He's a lyric recycler and doesn't give credit where it is due. Like the Sprite commercial, Drake has proven to me to be nothing but a robot. He is a manufactured rapper/prodigy who has nothing of his own. I don't have any respect for him. As for the featured artist, Swizz Beats, I don't have any respect for him either. He has kids around the planet and he leaves his wife for Alicia Keys. I can go on and on about their lack of marital respect, but I'll save it for later in the post. "Fancy" is made by two artists that I don't respect so I'll pass.
- Soulja Boy
- Gucci Mane
- Taylor Swift
- Wacka Flocka Flame
- Rihanna “Ooh, Na Na. What’s My Name?”
- Katy Perry “Firework”
- Miguel “Quickie”
- Cee-Lo Green “Fuck You”
- P!nk “Raise Your Glass”
- Jazmine Sullivan
- Kanye West
Honorable Mention Songs (aka: They Eventually Grew On Me)
- Sugarland “Stuck Like Glue”
- Wiz Khalifa “Black & Yellow”
- Black Eyed Peas “Dirty Bit”
- 50 Cent, Too Short, E-40 “Bitch”
- Dr. Dre “Kush”
0_0 What the Fuckery Moments
- Keri Hilson’s video to “The Way You Love Me”
- Two Words: Pussy Poppin'
- Nicki Minaj & Drake’s Twitter “marriage”
- Three Words: Publicity Stunt Fail.
- Rihanna's attire in Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie" video
- Three Words: What the Fuckery?!
- The celebrity "deaths"
- Alicia Keys & Swizz Beats’ marriage
- While I have a lot to say on this, I won't. I just don't agree with the manner in which they went about this entire thing. In 2008 and 2009, Keys claimed that she and Swizz were "just friends," which translates to "yeah, I'm fucking him" in the non-entertainment world. In an interview, a long time ago, Keys says that she doesn't sleep with men unless they've been together for at least a year. At the beginning of 2010, she was damn-near 6 months preggers. If they were "just friends" in 2009 and she was pregnant in 2010, there are two options: 1. She could've slept with him before the year was up. 2. She's a liar. Either way, she slept with a married man and denied it until her baby bump was visible. When she fell, I think karma hit her ass back. Okay, that wasn't nice. I'm glad that her baby is safe.
- Honorable mention: Her naming her son "Egypt"
- Don't try to get all spiritual and shit with naming your son since he was conceived in lies and adultery.